Teaching Jobs Korea ESL Jobs in Korea & ESL Cafe
Teach English as a Second Language. Travel &Teach Abroad

Park English Recruitment Agency Inc.
English Jobs Korea
Online Application Program Info Procedure Testimonials Photos Q&A
Search Information
ESL Job Korea
Korean / English Dictionary
Teaching English as a Second Language In Korea
          Job Details
          How to Apply
          Online ESL Job Application
          Contact Us
          Job Listing
Teaching English In Korea
          Alien Registration Card
          Apostille in Korea
          Banking in Korea
          Basic Contract
          Benefits & Conditions
          Career Advice
          Cost of living
          Culture in Korea
          Currency Conversion
          Deductions from Salary
          Dress Code
          E-2 Visa Documents
          E-2 Visa Procedure
          F-4 Visa Procedure
          Education in Korea
          Food in Korea
          Garbage Disposal
          General Facts About Korea
          Hospitals for English Speakers
          Housing in Korea
          Important Contacts in Korea
          Internet in  Korea
          Interview Tips
          Korean Consulates
          Korea Tourism
          Korean Language
          Living in Korea
          Medical Insurance in Korea
          Our Company Verification
          Phones in Korea
          Police Background Check
          Public School Jobs
          Sending Money Home
          Severance Pay
          Sick Leave
          Students in Korea
          Tax information
          Teaching Privates
          Things to Bring
          Useful Links & Info
          Vacation & Holidays
          Visa Application Form
          Visa Issuance Number
          Weather in Korea
          Working Locations
  Garbage Disposal
- download : SHC-Garbage_Disposal[1].pdf (1.08 MB) , Download : 10803

Garbage Disposal in Korea


Garbage Disposal in Korea

Korea uses a system called "jongnyangje" for the effective collection of garbage wastes and the reuse of natural resources. All garbage you produce must be disposed of properly, and you may be fined otherwise. Garbage must be separated according to whether it is "common garbage" (ilban sseuregi), food waste (eumsikmul sseuregi), recyclable (jaehwal yongpum), and large waste objects (daehyeong pyegimul). Ask your neighbors, your city or neighborhood government authorities, or the management office in your apartment complex about disposal days and proper methods of disposal.


Purchasing Garbage Bags

In cities, regulation garbage bags may be purchased at supermarkets or convenience stores in your neighborhood. In rural areas they may be purchased at the local government offices or through the local women's association(bunyeohoe). There are generally six or seven sizes; 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100 liters, and prices vary according to size.


Disposal Procedures

(1) Common Garbage Use regulation bags and place outside. Ask the building owner or a neighbor about where to place

     them. If you don't use regulation bags, your garbage will not be collected.

(2) Food Waste Remove all moisture and anything that cannot be eaten by livestock, then use a regulation bag for

     disposal. In areas where there are collection boxes dedicated for food waste disposal, you do not need to use

     regulation bags. Food waste produced by families and restaurants have high moisture levels, making incineration

     difficult, and the moisture continues to seep out in the landfill, which in turn pollutes water resources.

(3) Recyclable Items Materials that are recyclable such as plastic, cans, bottles, and paper should be put in a clear

     plastic bag or even a sandbag-like bag and put in the appropriate spot on collection day. Spray cans, cooking-gas

     cans, and other such things can explode, so put a hole in these to make sure they are completely empty.

     Paper: Tie newspapers, calendars, magazines, or notebooks in 30 cm bundles. (Ensure cartons are cleaned before

     disposing of them.)

     Glass: Wine, soft drink and medicine bottles must be cleaned before disposing of them.

     Scrap iron: Metal chairs, albata (German silver), stainless steel, etc. should be collected separately.

     Cans: Beer, soft drink and powdered milk cans should be compressed before disposing of them.

     Plastics: Detergent and shampoo containers should be disposed of only after they have been rinsed with water

(4) Large Waste Objects Televisions, washing machines, other home electronics and large items of garbage that cannot

     be placed in bags should be placed in the collection spot after attaching a sticker purchased at your local dong office

     or where you purchase your regulation bags.



Hospitals for English Speakers

Our Company Verification

Copyrights © 2006 All Rights Reserved.
Suite #1006 Union Tower, 44-34 Yoido-dong, Youngdeungpo-gu, Seoul, South Korea, 150-890
P: +82-2-749-1140 (KR) | F: +82-2-761-7783 (KR) | P: +1 (646) 233-3113 (US)
Business License #:107-87-50215, Business Plate #:2011-3180167-14-5-00024, Rep: Jaejin Shim, Meta Education Inc

Jobs South Korea | Teaching English Overseas | Teaching In Korea | Teaching Job In Korea | Teach English Abroad | Teaching English In South Korea
Teaching English As Foreign Language | ESL In South Korea | Teach English South Korea | English Jobs Korea

Sitemap  |  Directory