Teaching Jobs Korea ESL Jobs in Korea & ESL Cafe
Teach English as a Second Language. Travel &Teach Abroad

Park English Recruitment Agency Inc.
English Jobs Korea
Online Application Program Info Procedure Testimonials Photos Q&A
Search Information
ESL Job Korea
Korean / English Dictionary
Teaching English as a Second Language In Korea
          Job Details
          How to Apply
          Online ESL Job Application
          Contact Us
          Job Listing
Teaching English In Korea
          Alien Registration Card
          Apostille in Korea
          Banking in Korea
          Basic Contract
          Benefits & Conditions
          Career Advice
          Cost of living
          Culture in Korea
          Currency Conversion
          Deductions from Salary
          Dress Code
          E-2 Visa Documents
          E-2 Visa Procedure
          F-4 Visa Procedure
          Education in Korea
          Food in Korea
          Garbage Disposal
          General Facts About Korea
          Hospitals for English Speakers
          Housing in Korea
          Important Contacts in Korea
          Internet in  Korea
          Interview Tips
          Korean Consulates
          Korea Tourism
          Korean Language
          Living in Korea
          Medical Insurance in Korea
          Our Company Verification
          Phones in Korea
          Police Background Check
          Public School Jobs
          Sending Money Home
          Severance Pay
          Sick Leave
          Students in Korea
          Tax information
          Teaching Privates
          Things to Bring
          Useful Links & Info
          Vacation & Holidays
          Visa Application Form
          Visa Issuance Number
          Weather in Korea
          Working Locations
  Banks and paying bills
Sending money home is quite easy when you have a Korean bank account. You can either transfer the money from your Korean account to your over-seas account, or you can opt for getting the bank to issue a check made out to your bank at home and send it through the mail. If you go with the first option, you will incur the cost of both banks fees, and the second will set you back the cost of a minimal service charge (approx. 15,000 won) plus the mailing charge. Some banks limit the percentage of your wage that you can send home.

There are certain limitations as to the amount you can send home while you are here, as the Korean government would much prefer that you spend your money in Korea rather than take it all back to North America. For those of us on the standard one-year contract with a work visa to go along with it, you are permitted to send home 60% of your earnings. This percentage is not certain... some banks allow you to send 80% others 100% others don't care and don't stamp your passport.

If your stay is shorter than 1 year, then the supposed limit is $10,000.00 US. The bank is supposed to keep track of your total for you. This is good to keep in mind if you have exorbitant student fees payments or some such thing. There are also service charges, of course. The Korean bank will charge a fee to send the money, and your home bank will charge a fee for receiving it. The fees will vary from bank to bank, both here and at home. It's best to try to make as few transfers as possible with as large an amount as possible to avoid these paying these fees often.

Some people that are making extra money and have a surplus to send home will take a trip to Thailand or another country and will wire the money home from there. Legally you can enter almost any country with less than 10,000USD without declaring the money. There are Western Unions all over the place.

Please contact your local bank for more information.

There are Citibanks and Western Unions in Korea.

Park English Team


 Banks and paying bills Diana Flannery 2009.01.26
  Banks and paying bills Park English 2009.01.26

Banks and paying bills

Am I exempt from paying US taxes while teaching in Korea?

Copyrights © 2006 All Rights Reserved.
Suite #1006 Union Tower, 44-34 Yoido-dong, Youngdeungpo-gu, Seoul, South Korea, 150-890
P: +82-2-749-1140 (KR) | F: +82-2-761-7783 (KR) | P: +1 (646) 233-3113 (US)
Business License #:107-87-50215, Business Plate #:2011-3180167-14-5-00024, Rep: Jaejin Shim, Meta Education Inc

Jobs South Korea | Teaching English Overseas | Teaching In Korea | Teaching Job In Korea | Teach English Abroad | Teaching English In South Korea
Teaching English As Foreign Language | ESL In South Korea | Teach English South Korea | English Jobs Korea

Sitemap  |  Directory