Useful Links & Info
          Vacation & Holidays
          Visa Application Form
          Visa Issuance Number
          Weather in Korea
          Working Locations

VARIOUS QUESTIONS
Good afternoon from the UK!

Firstly, as a number of people have commented your website is great... Very professional and it answers most things. Sorry if I'm repeating here and also sending you this message via email (not sure if it goes straight to my email account)... I just have a number of questions for you and would appreciate if you were able to answer in as much detail as possible:

Tae Kwon Do: Usually cost about 100 USD/mo. for 3-4 times a week.
1) Tae Kwon Do and language lessons: I saw that somebody previously has asked a similar question.... How much do these lessons cost? And apart from excursions is there any other regular activities that you would recommend to find out about Korean culture?

This is highly unlikely- to be able to find a position or paid work as an English speaking soccer coach. However, nothing is impossible, but this would be difficult for us to assist you in.
2) I am a qualified soccer coach (up to level two): would I be able to use this within any school placement, possibly as an after school activity? And if so, would this be voluntary or paid work (presuming of course it was in the school)?

People do run in Korea, and there are numerous parks within Seoul city. However, pollution may affect your running, and especially Yellow Dust seasons. If you enjoy clean air and running, we would recommend satellite cities or cities other than Seoul.
3) Sorry if this is a stupid question but I enjoy running; do many people do this in Korea and are there many parks within Seoul to run in?

You may negotiate with your employer, about renewing your second year contract or for staying only a couple more months, when it becomes closer to the end of your contract.
4) I am planning to come over to Korea mid-late September 2007 obviously on a twelve month contract. If at the end of the contract, would I then have to sign another twelve month contract or would I then be able to negotiate with the employer if say, I only wanted to stay for another two months?

Accomodation can be relatively cheap however, we cannot judge without knowing the expectations. Hostels can be about $15-20 Motels can be about $30-$50
5) Family visits: A number of family and friends have expressed an interest to visit me in Korea; dependent upon who visited me, is accomodation relatively cheap? If teacher apartments were available, could they pay to stay in them?

You can check our Q&A and search the word "luggage" or "baggage"- but this would vary depending on your airlines.
6) Flight baggage: If I was flying from the UK how much baggage would I be able to bring with me on the flight?

We would recommend going with Skype or Vonage- cheapest methods of calling home- Voice over Internet Protocol, which are cheap to call the UK, or phone cards which are quite common and affordable as well. We do not know the exact nor round about rates, but there are many people from UK in Korea who get by very well here.
7) Phoning home: How much is it (in general) to phone home to the UK in Korea?

This would be difficult to answer, as we do not know which school you are going to. Teachers do leave on emergency leave. I would not agree that your question is silly, because family is very important and your relationship with your grandmother can be more valuable than your job. Please speak with your representative in Korea about this and they would be able assist you. First, however, is accepting your application, matching you with a school, and having a successful interview.
8) Final question (honest!): I have an 87 year old grandmother who is extremely ill back home in England. Whilst her illness would not put me off working in Korea at all (she would go crazy if I did not do what I wanted to do) if she were to pass away whilst in Korea, would most schools give me permission to travel back to the UK in time for any funeral? I know this is a silly question, but it's more for my piece of mind.......

Thank you,
Park English Team

VARIOUS QUESTIONS Dave 2007.05.21
¡æ   VARIOUS QUESTIONS master 2007.05.21

VARIOUS QUESTIONS

Native vs Non-Native English Speakers

Copyrights © 2006 All Rights Reserved.
Suite #1006 Union Tower, 44-34 Yoido-dong, Youngdeungpo-gu, Seoul, South Korea, 150-890
P: +82-2-749-1140 (KR) | F: +82-2-761-7783 (KR) | P: +1 (646) 233-3113 (US)
Business License #:107-87-50215, Business Plate #:2011-3180167-14-5-00024, Rep: Jaejin Shim, Meta Education Inc

Jobs South Korea | Teaching English Overseas | Teaching In Korea | Teaching Job In Korea | Teach English Abroad | Teaching English In South Korea
Teaching English As Foreign Language | ESL In South Korea | Teach English South Korea | English Jobs Korea

Sitemap  |  Directory